my five most inspirational books

I have been wanting to share with the world

my Five Most Inspirational/Life Changing books for so long.

And the time is now for that to happen. 




These were the books that started my journey from the very beginning to leading a more colorFULL and abundant life of Creativity and Love! These books and I go way back and there are undoubtedly more books that have followed, but I need to give these some credit for the M*A*G*I*C they performed in my Heart.
So here they are.. 

My Five Most Inspirational Books:



A New Earth 
by Eckhart Tolle
This book busted my whole world wide open. The transformation I took to become the person I am today was because of the readings of this book. This was the summer I read 19 books and this was one of them. I read it as slowly as I usually read any book I truly want to digest and engulf myself in. Another book that I am treating like this is called Earth by Barbara Mezionak. And I am still not done with it...  Check out that one too.

365 Ways to Change the World
by Michael Norton
In 2009, my boss at the time gave me this book because I kept looking at it in his office. I thought it was so awesome that he had this in the first place - and then he let me have it! He was once in the Peace Corps and I think that was a book that helped inspire him along the way. I am honored now to have it on my shelf and it has so many philanthropic topics and ways to help the Earth. I will never forget this very encouraging authoritative figure in my life, he really pushed me to be my best and I feel he has a lot to do with at the trajectory that my Life has taken... he told me this one piece of advice that I have not forgotten to this day.. to volunteer... because when we volunteer we give and we receive in ways we never dreamed. For me, right after college, I started volunteering in a classroom to teach an art lesson to 3rd grade students. Just from that, the teacher passed me on to connect with someone which would eventually lead to my first job out of college where I felt like my work meant something.

The Last Lecture
by Randy Pausch
Death is apart of Life and it has taken me a long time, and still is, to accept it as what it is and to not be afraid. What are we we truly afraid of? Being forgotten? Not living all the way? Not accomplishing all we dreamed of? In this book, the author, a college professor at Carnegie-Mellon, wrote about himself facing death. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and died months later after the book was published. But he made sure his kids, and his students, and the rest of the world, knew what he thought about life and death It is pretty incredible. He told every person that the key to fulfilling the heart was to live out your childhood dreams. To find some way or some connection to each and every dream we have ever had as innocent children. Doesn't it put a smile on your face? Are you thinking of those beautiful things now? Think about them and remember them, let your inner child be, and read this book. You will be more than ready to live and breathe all that the 5-year-old in you ever dreamed you would become, because your inner child knows something you don't know anymore.... how to live without filters and to just smile the whole way there. 

The Alchemist
by Paulo Coelho
If there is a greater story than this, then it is Siddhartha. Both have the same quality and tranquil feeling given to me. Each man's story represents will and perseverance, temptations and self-control, love and light, Life and Death, everything and any thing we can learn from. It's all here.

The Promise of a Pencil
by Adam Braun
This book was written to inspire others like myself. This guy was 28 years old... and inspired by one single boy in India who only ever wanted was a pencil... has now built over 100 schools all over the world!! Incredible! My age, and he has done so much, globally and locally, for children in need. Just wow, what a guy to look up to. Following his story through this brilliantly crafted book, with each chapter representing a mantra he lives by, is massively inspiring and pushes me to keep achieving my Dreams. Because if he can, then why can't I? 


I highly recommend each of these if you feel it calling to you. They really made Life much much more brighter with their perspective. I am so grateful for each of their teachings.

Happy new Moon
xoxo
Jessica

www.kissthearth.org



2 comments:

  1. This is a great place organize an event; they have great staff and great events put on here! I had nothing but great times and great conversations at event venues Chicago. They served slider and shrimp cakes as appetizers with chicken skewers, and eggrolls that had veggies on the inside and some kind of creamy fruit sauce on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting the good work. Some really helpful information in there. Bookmarked. Nice to see your site. Thanks! Best self help books for men

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts