Yoga Jewelry: Handmade Mala Beads

Greetings beautiful beings,


It has been a long time since I made my last update and I really have a lot to share... mostly, the fact that I have made quite a few new things and participated in a few awesome events. Life has taken on such beautiful turns. But I won't bore you with the rundown, I will just bore you with what particularly I love today. ;)

 Which brings me to..

MY EPIPHANY OF THE WEEK!!

Opportunities, big or small, are abundant in our lives. The more open we are for any thing to happen, the more actually does happen. It is a beautiful thing. Do you notice how if we focus on one thing, then we miss all other opportunities or chances that pass you by? And once you open that space inside yourself to just be open to all perspectives and life's many journeys... any thing.. and I mean anything.. can happen, will happen, and is bound to happen. We just gotta keep those Hearts open and those eyes full... full of wonder, hope, and always, our dreams.

Now that I have my most recent epiphany out of the way, how about I share with you one of my most favorite pieces created late last year.. Sound good? 
Lettuce do...

☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ 

I have been waiting to show you all this piece for a long time now, and as it is one-of-a-kind, it is still available to be made again with your choice of materials used, so any inquiries please contact me at jessicakshy@gmail.com.
So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my very own spin on 
Mala beads:



  


The Backstory on Mala Beads

A mala is a strand of beads, traditionally used for counting during mantra meditations. Malas have been used since at least the 10th century as a meditation aid. They allow us to focus the mind on a single pointed task as we work through our meditations. A Mala can be a powerful tool in your quest for wellness and clearer  understanding. Gemstones are used in malas through their meanings. Each attribute of a gemstone can help you choose an emotional or spiritual aspect that you want to work on through the meditation, and your Mala can become a focused object that you carry with you to help you in your spiritual journey. Wearing Mala beads as a necklace or a bracelet helps keep the affirmations or intentions with you throughout the day. A Mala can also become a beautiful feature of your sacred space, adding color, texture, and intention to your shrine. Finally, some people take their mala to yoga practice and coil it at the top of their mats or wear it during the practice. They believe this helps the mala absorb the energy of their physical practice and helps them carry their yoga practice with them  when off the mat. Whichever way you choose to use your Mala, Mala beads can be representative object of your intentions and affirmations  and are powerful for helping focus the mind on that which you most hope to develop through your yoga and meditation practice.

Adapted from Jaqueline Medalyne of www.saltspringsmalas.com

  1. hand-cut bamboo sticks, Jade gemstones, wood beads, Flourite gemstone

My Own Backstory

Yoga is such a breath of fresh air for me, and one cannot help but stop and recognize the mantras and solid traditions present in each practice. For so long I have been craving my own kind of beads, something apart of my soul revealing the Truth in which I speak and follow. Then the most magical thing happened - I was given a bunch of long bamboo shoots - originally used for fences - and I knew it was time to CREATE! 

Using the dried bamboo fencing, I cut up each individual bead, I then filed, and sanded it to a smooth, round edge. After making about 50 - 60 bamboo beads, I added the dreamy gemstone of Jade and other wood components, as well as a lovely Flourite piece (which came home with me from my most recent trip to Europe, in Amsterdam!) .... and this beautiful piece was born.

Each bead is held in place with a single knot on either side and being that it took a collective of 5 or 6 hours to complete over the course of 2-3 weeks, I would make them again, no doubt. But I would love to see these becoming something a bit more personal than just cranking them out one by one... I would love to see my customers, you guys, my awesome fans and supporters, create and design their very own set of Mala beads. I think it would be pretty cool indeed, and much better than any store bought beads.. 
Putting this out into the Universe!!!! 
I love you all for supporting my dreams, thank you for being here.

☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ 

Stone Energies & Metaphysical Properties

Jade: is the stone of calm in the midst of storm. Its action balances nerves and soothes cardiac rhythm. A piece of Jade kept in a pocket or on a pendant to stroke from time to time recharges energy, and traditionally guards against illnesses. Jade is also known as the "Dream Stone". It helps with the recall and understanding of dreams. Promoting peace and serenity, & inspires wisdom.

Fluorite: is another great stone to relieve stress and anxiety. It helps one meditate and learn to go past the "chatter" that our minds tend to generate when first learning to meditate. Purple and green mixed strengthens and heals the third eye and mystical insight, and on all other levels. Fluorite is a "Centering Stone", promoting spiritual wholeness, truth, protection, love, and peace.

Adapted from the New Crystal Bible by Cassandra Eason


☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ 

Ever wonder if there is anything artsy fartsy going on around town?


Check this page for creative events and shows happening in Orange County!


☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ 

Need jewelry repair? Click here for more information.
Custom orders are now available



☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ 

"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." - Thornton Wilder

Good night & Sweet light, 
Jessica of Kissthearth


☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ ☉ 
Sources & Links:

http://www.shareyoga.com/meditation/mala-beads-meanings-significance-and-uses/


http://www.buddhistmala.com/store/buddhist_prayer_beads.html

http://skinnyartist.com/150-amazing-quotes-to-feed-your-creative-soul/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i love your work & soul. I am very interested in purchading a mala necklace designed with your idea in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts